Saturday, March 28, 2015

Once upon a cold winter day...

... three apples relaxed on a tabletop, enjoying their new found vocation: art models. The artist painted furiously one version after another, none of which rendered justice to the models. The artist grew more and more frustrated with her inability to describe such a simple subject. The frustration became sadness ...wanting to give up ... almost gave up ..ate one of the models ...one more try, then moving on ...

This is the last of about 5 versions I did of these apples, each one with different major flaws. I tried to come up with a color close the the local color of the apples - a sort of burgundy - but I ended up with too much brown or too much blue or too much something else in the mix; shadows too dark etc. I thought this was a 5 min job ... not so it seems, not for me.